Matching Cultures with Currencies! RRS feed

• Question

• User498733962 posted

hello!    

I have hunted hi and low and i can't find anything that will help me.

I have a whole bunch of culture's e.g. en-US, en-GB, fr-FR, de-DE etc. etc.
    and I also have a whole bunch of currencies e.g. GBP, USD, EUR, CAD etc. etc.

I need a way of matching the culture, with the currency!

Does anyone know of any resource out there that will tell me which culture uses which currency?  I'm just going to build a huge Select Case for each one, so I only need something as simple as:
    en-GB = GBP
    en-US = USD
    en-CA = CAD
    and so on... can anyone help?

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 5:56 AM

All replies

• User1938522110 posted

Do u have access to MSDN. I just checked something for u. The CultureInfo object when instantiated takes a string variable something like en-GB as u know. The second set or Capitalized characters represent the country/region formatted using ISO 3166. The same way the RegionInfo object could be instantiated by this 2 letter word for eg..

cultureInfo enGB = new CultureInfo("en-GB");

RegionInfo gbInfo = new RegionInfo(enGB.Name.SubString(..get the last two characters);

the currency associated with this gbInfo would be in gbInfo.ISOCurrencySymbol. I dont see a reason why u would want to manually assign the Currencies when something like this is already available.

I hope this helps.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:17 AM
  • User1416329745 posted

This link and download the localization tool kit. Hope this helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6b6fb09f-f25c-48e9-9e26-b55144600da1&DisplayLang=en

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 5:55 PM