none
Is it possible to execute C#.net (window application [.exe]) from pendrive without using .net framework installation in client machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is it possible to execute C#.net (window application [.exe]) from pendrive without using .net framework installation in client machine

If any one know the issue then let us know.

Thanks,

S.Venkatesh

venkatesh
    • Moved by Andrew.Wu Monday, January 31, 2011 2:11 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi venkatesh,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

I would like to say that it is impossible to execute .NET assembly without .NET Framework. This is because all .NET assemblies should run under guidance of CLR. If you don’t install .NET Framework, when you run .NET assembly, exception will be thrown.

I hope this can help resolve your problem.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:35 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 2:20 AM

All replies

• In a word, no.

Your app needs the installed framework for its runtime environment.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:01 PM
  • Hi venkatesh,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

I would like to say that it is impossible to execute .NET assembly without .NET Framework. This is because all .NET assemblies should run under guidance of CLR. If you don’t install .NET Framework, when you run .NET assembly, exception will be thrown.

I hope this can help resolve your problem.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Wednesday, February 2, 2011 7:35 AM
    Monday, January 31, 2011 2:20 AM