Multiple PMs in one Team Project? RRS feed

• Question

• For managing purpose, I'm trying to plan to put several related applications into one Team Project. But some applications are responsible for different PM.

Can I set more than one PM in single Team Project and they can handle their own part separately. Or I need to break these applications into several Team Projects?

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Wade,

It is possible to set more than one project manager for a single team project.

The applications that you want to put together in a team project must have a differet Folder.

Afterwards you can set permission for different Branches by:

Right clicking the Folder (your small application) in the source control Explorer ==> Properties ==> Security ==> You can use the options available at the bottom.

I hope this is what you meant.

:-)

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 12:19 PM
  • For your work item tracking if you create your first level Area and Iteration as the name of your Project with the relevent areas and itteration under that you can restrict work item access as well between the two teams...

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Wade,

It is possible to set more than one project manager for a single team project.

The applications that you want to put together in a team project must have a differet Folder.

Afterwards you can set permission for different Branches by:

Right clicking the Folder (your small application) in the source control Explorer ==> Properties ==> Security ==> You can use the options available at the bottom.

I hope this is what you meant.

:-)

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 12:19 PM
  • For your work item tracking if you create your first level Area and Iteration as the name of your Project with the relevent areas and itteration under that you can restrict work item access as well between the two teams...

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 3:59 PM
  • Both of your information are quite useful, thanks a lot!

Thursday, October 2, 2008 1:14 AM