Reference Assistant RRS feed

• Question

• Is there such a thing (extension, add-in) for either VS 2013 or VS 2015 - that lets me see all project references in a richer way than the basic list shown in solution explorer?

A reference can be either:

1. To another project

2. To a selected file on disk

3. To a NuGet package.

4. To a file selected from the "Add Reference" dialog (which itself is involved, that list is NOT populated from the GAC)

Having a richer way of seeing references and easily seeing which category they're in etc would be a great help, especially with huge solutions with many projects each accessing differing versions of assemblies or NuGet packages.

I found an extension "Accurate References" but it doesnt target VS 2013 or later..

Thx

Korp.

Monday, January 25, 2016 10:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Korporal Kernel,

>>Is there such a thing (extension, add-in) for either VS 2013 or VS 2015 - that lets me see all project references in a richer way than the basic list shown in solution explorer?

I can't found any exist extensions until now. Maybe you could create a question on Accurate References page. Maybe he will kindly upgrade this extension.
    https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/83df41fe-012a-4d5e-8540-d15508df57c4

Best Regard,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by DotNet Wang Friday, February 12, 2016 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:53 AM