none
Which .NET Framework will be used? RRS feed

• Question

• If I have a computer with all 1.1 and 2.0 .NET Frameworks installed, which framework will be used when calling a DLL compiled with .NET Framework 1.1 from an EXE compiled with .NET 2.0? 

Which Framework will be used in the same situation, if the 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 Frameworks are installed?

Thanks!

Monday, July 12, 2010 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi adrianaca,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

As far as I know, Framework 1.1’s runtime (CLR1.1) is different from Framework 2.0 (CLR2.0). When you compile your application with .net framework 2.0 and calling a DLL with framework 1.1, these runtimes will be run both, but not in same.

As far as I know, the application configuration file can direct the common language runtime (CLR) to load a specific version of the .NET Framework into the application’s process. The version of the Framework that is loaded at run time can differ from the version with which the application was actually compiled.

More information you could click following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms994410.aspx

Hope this helps you! If you have any doubts and concerns, please feel free to let me know. We are going to follow-up.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi adrianaca,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

As far as I know, Framework 1.1’s runtime (CLR1.1) is different from Framework 2.0 (CLR2.0). When you compile your application with .net framework 2.0 and calling a DLL with framework 1.1, these runtimes will be run both, but not in same.

As far as I know, the application configuration file can direct the common language runtime (CLR) to load a specific version of the .NET Framework into the application’s process. The version of the Framework that is loaded at run time can differ from the version with which the application was actually compiled.

More information you could click following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms994410.aspx

Hope this helps you! If you have any doubts and concerns, please feel free to let me know. We are going to follow-up.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:15 AM
  • Hi adrianaca,

I'm writing to follow-up this post. Could it help you to solve your concern?

I’m marking this issue as "Answered". If you have any new findings or concerns, please feel free to unmark the issue.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Monday, July 19, 2010 1:51 AM