none
Access 2013 prompts for credentials when connecting to SharePoint 2013 list (can't automate) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an accdb running on Windows Server 2012 R2, MS Access 2013, and linking to a table in SharePoint 2013.  If I run a procedure manually it prompts for credentials and runs successfully.  If I try to automate it with task scheduler (with admin permissions, etc), it will not run, presumably because it wants the credentials to be entered again.  I have UAC turned all the way down.  Is there an access settings or OS setting that might be configured to prevent this?

Thanks
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:50 PM

All replies

• Hmm, I doubt it because the authentication settings is coming from the SharePoint server, so you probably can't control that from your end. If you own the SharePoint server, maybe you can just create an "anonymous" or "admin" account that you can use for your Access database. Just a thought...
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:35 PM
  • That's the thing.  The account I'm using is a local admin on the sharepoint server, and farm admin and I'm even running it on the sharepoint web front end.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 5:11 PM
  • In that case, you might try using an anonymous user account. My guess is that SharePoint "requires" authentication each time a connection is made. So, by using an anonymous account, I am hoping SharePoint won't go to the authentication process.

Is your procedure creating a link to the table first before doing any processing? If not, try doing it that way. I am thinking that if the first step in your procedure is to link to SharePoint first by providing the user credentials in the connection string, that maybe that will be good enough.

Just my 2 cents...

Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:00 PM
  • Hi Drob32,

>>Access 2013 prompts for credentials when connecting to SharePoint 2013 list (can't automate)<<

Are you using DoCmd.TransferSharePointList to link the SharePoint list? Since you metioned that it works when run a procedure manually, I suggest that you To narrow down whether this issue relative to task scheduler.

Based on my understnading, we can start Access and runs the specified Access macro via '/x' or AutoExec macro and use ImportSharePointList to link data from a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation site.

Can you reproduce this issue start the Access and macro use command switch above?

If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 31, 2015 7:19 AM