none
unable to join devices to azure AD

Question

• I have enabled azure AD, but i'm not able add devices to the Azure AD, it keeps saying that the user and password are wrong.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm not sure if this error occurs when device join is disabled, but did you check the following setting that users are enabled to join devices ?

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:37 PM
  • When you say devices, what do you mean? Phones, Windows 10 Machines, Windows 7 Machines?

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:47 PM
  • I have enable to all
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:13 PM
  • I have a vm in azure in a virtual network running windows 2012 connected to my azure ad, and it is even getting the dns from the azure ad
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:14 PM
  • Ahh ok, we are not talking about joining mobile devices or client to aad.

Seems you have AAD DS enabled and want to "domain" join that VM the traditional way.

I assume you setup your VM as a newer "Resource Manager" VM, while AAD AD uses the old Azure Service Manager "ASM" modell, right ?

If that is the case you need to connect both virtual networks the classic one where the AAD DS is in with the new ARM (Azure Resource Manager) Network in which your VM is in.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:20 PM
  • yes, and I  have peering the two network and the peering is connected. but I also did creating the Vm on the classic model and I was getting the same problem

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:37 PM
  • Did you create the "AAD DC Administrators" group in Azure AD and add the user you are using to domain join to this?

Domain joining a machine requires you to be a member of this group.

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:11 PM