SQL management studio V17.1 Mirroring issue RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to create an mirror from SQL management studio V17.1 and it giving me an error  

Error Number: 927 Severity: 14 State: 2 Line Number: 1 , which says the mirror server is in restoring state . 

I tried from the old version of management studio  it is working fine .

Database engine is 2016 SQL standard edition 

Is that a bug in the new version ?

• Edited by Dipu Matehw Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:53 PM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Dipu Matehw,

>>Is that a bug in the new version ?

Not quite sure about that, but I do experience something similar before(both SSMS 16 and 17). The workaround is to:
    1. Configure Mirroring by using T-SQL statements.
    2. Or, try run SSMS as administrator see if it helps.

In addition, I’d suggest you submit a feedback to Microsoft at this site. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft Connect.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 1:52 AM