none
Integration of MS Office with my own webDAV server using Form Based Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am developing a Apache server which will support webDAV, so that office application can directly open and save files on the server.

Without any authentication this is working perfectly fine.

Now i want to use Form Based Authentication so that when User open a .docx file from my webDAV server in MS Word a authentication html page will be shown. When i use the "digest" auth type it shows dialog (which is default windows dialog).

But i want to implement the Form Based Authentication so that word can show the login html page (given by my server) and user can login into that and open the file ( similar to SkyDrive authentication mechanism).

Currently my server sends back response of 401 unauthorized and login.html page. But word is not able to open this html properly , it just opens it like any document and then i am not able to authenticate.

Could you please let me know if what format Office application expects the response so that they can show login.html page properly and then authenticate ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ashish Anand

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 6:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Ashish

Word is not designed to open HTML pages as HTML pages. It does not have browser capacity. In order to open an HTML file, Word must convert it to a Word document. I don't think you can do what you wish to do from within the Word application.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies