Social networking site templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want create a social networking site for a group of people, are there social netwokring templates available which I can use to start up with.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You are using Sharepoint Foundation so you will not get functionality of mysite over there. You need to upgrade to either Sharepoint Standard or enterprise version for the same.

However if your requirement is related to only few set of people I would suggest you that you can use Discussion board in sharepoint where you people can come and share your data.

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Hi Dinesh,

SharePoint Foundation (WSS 3.0) doesn't provide MySite Features and Shared Service Providor which are provided by SharePoint 2007, I do not find the oob features or some templates related to Social Networking site, but you can try to use the existed templates (blog, wiki, contacts, disscussion board, etc. ) in WSS 3.0 to build a site with some social attributes, here is an article talking about this topic,

http://thepaisano.wordpress.com/2008/02/01/how-to-build-your-own-social-network-in-the-enterprise-for-free/

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies