TFS 2010 Project "Team Members" RRS feed

• Question

• Other than defining the members in a Project what is the "Team Members" level under a Project for? (In the past we setup our own AD groups assigned them appropriate permissions and added users to the groups. I don't recall needing "Team Members")

TIA,

Barkingdog

Sunday, November 13, 2011 1:24 AM

Answers

• Hello Barkingdog,

As far as I know that in order to have Team Members shown in your Team Explorer 2010, you need to have TFS2010 Power Tool installed first.

And based on the description of the TFS2010 Power Tool download page, the Team Members is an add-in to Team Explorer, this tool allows you to organize users into sub-teams and access a number of collaborative tools, such as IM and email, sharing of queries and links, and downloading and installation of custom Team Foundation components.

In addition, you get more information about scenarios about using Team Members, please go to Start->All Programs->Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools->Help->Team Members.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    • Marked as answer by edm2 Monday, November 14, 2011 2:58 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hello Barkingdog,

As far as I know that in order to have Team Members shown in your Team Explorer 2010, you need to have TFS2010 Power Tool installed first.

And based on the description of the TFS2010 Power Tool download page, the Team Members is an add-in to Team Explorer, this tool allows you to organize users into sub-teams and access a number of collaborative tools, such as IM and email, sharing of queries and links, and downloading and installation of custom Team Foundation components.

In addition, you get more information about scenarios about using Team Members, please go to Start->All Programs->Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools->Help->Team Members.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    • Marked as answer by edm2 Monday, November 14, 2011 2:58 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 9:14 AM
  • Vicky,

You are right. I added the TFS 2010 Power Tools but didn't realize that the "Team Members" option was a direct result of that!

Thanks,

Barkingdog

Monday, November 14, 2011 2:58 PM