Windows Certification issue

Question

• Hi,

After validating my app in my windows 8 (x64) system using windows app certification kit 1.0.9 successfully,I had given my app for certification on to windows store but I got a mail stating that  'We couldn't certify your app' , When I see the dashboard I am getting an error status stating that -

"This tests your app with the Windows App Certification Kit. You can also run this the test locally from the SDK. Learn more

One or more of the Windows App Certification Kit tests failed. Test your app with the Windows App Certification Kit on your computer to get more detailed info about this error.

Your app failed one or more of the Windows App Certification Kit tests. Verify that you have Windows App Certification Kit version 2.2, and ensure that your app passes all tests. You can find which version you are using either in the title bar or in the test results. "

Now when I am downloading windows App certification kit 2.2 from the link(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/apps/jj572486) and run the exe I am unable to install the new version which is giving me an error as - "The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail "

Kindly provide me with the steps for downloading the Windows App certification kit 2.2 version for x64 and x86 system.

Thanks!!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It looks you have downloaded the Windows RT version.

Please click the first download button on the left to download the Windows SDK installer, run it and you will be prompt for the options to install the Windows App Certification Kit.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It looks you have downloaded the Windows RT version.

Please click the first download button on the left to download the Windows SDK installer, run it and you will be prompt for the options to install the Windows App Certification Kit.

Best regards,

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:38 AM
  • THANX A LOT MR . Min Zhu for helping us . I am exactly encountering the same problem although my app got verified and passed all test on local win app certification kit but when I submitted they reported me error....

I changed my mind of submitting the app again... but now I would be trying once more...

abhinav bardiya

• Edited by kukujaora Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:32 PM
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 1:30 PM