none
Small Basic IDE in Hebrew RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've recently downloaded SmallBasic in order to start teaching my son programming.

I've seen in some example that the IDE language may be changed.

I need help in doing that, is there a special command line parameter? A configuration settings?

Please help me configure it as it will ease my son's experience with the tool.

Thanks in advance,

Just2Click

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:02 PM

Answers

• It asks you to choose a language when installing Small Basic, you have to reinstall Small Basic in order to choose a language.
    Friday, August 24, 2012 10:25 AM

All replies

• It asks you to choose a language when installing Small Basic, you have to reinstall Small Basic in order to choose a language.
    Friday, August 24, 2012 10:25 AM
  • Hi, I tried your advice, I do get an set of languages to choose from but I still cannot run a localized IDE.

:-(

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:27 PM
  • I guess it creates 2 shortcuts in the "Start" menu; 1 for English and the other for the additional language.

Click on "Propose As Answer" if some post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if some post has been useful to you! (^_^)

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:32 PM
    Answerer
  • Got it, in order to run the IDE in a different langage you need to go to the menu shortcut and change the Language settings.

The original shortcut looks like this: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic\SB.exe" /l:en-us

In my case I have changed it to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic\SB.exe" /l:he and viola, it works!

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:37 PM