FAQ webpart RRS feed

• Question

• One more thing I wanted was people to be able to enter questions also so how should I go about it?
    • Edited by Couldsia Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:11 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try out this one SharePoint 2010 FAQ Web Part

Also take a look at this thread FAQ webpart for 2010

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Another option which takes a small amount of effort is to create a custom list with a grouped view.

1. First create a list with two columns - Question (Single line of text) and Answer (Multi-line text box).
    2. You will now want to create a view lets call it "FAQ". Within this view, only include the Answer column. Under the "Grouping" section, group by Question and select "collapsed".
    3. Now when you go to the view you will have a question group heading and once you expand it will then show the FAQ answer.

This is a fairly basic solution but it may meet your needs!

My Blog - www.JonesingForSharePoint.com

Friday, May 11, 2012 1:38 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with SharePointJones' solution.We are using an FAQ list as in a custom list format he suggested.But do not use grouping, use metadata columns instead.

I am using the metadata columns to categorize the questions, which makes the metadata navigation available with the question categories and FAQ looks really nice, and also very useful.

In addition to these, you can use the 'Preview Pane' under the Style options in the selecting view. It makes answer visible when you hover the question.

We have tried many FAQ formats in SharePoint but this one is the best in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

ceren

• Edited by ova c Friday, May 11, 2012 9:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Couldsia Monday, May 14, 2012 3:19 PM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Hi, grab the new question link and put it to a content editor web part below or above the FAQ , like 'click here to ask a question' etc..

ceren

Monday, May 14, 2012 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try out this one SharePoint 2010 FAQ Web Part

Also take a look at this thread FAQ webpart for 2010

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Another option which takes a small amount of effort is to create a custom list with a grouped view.

1. First create a list with two columns - Question (Single line of text) and Answer (Multi-line text box).
    2. You will now want to create a view lets call it "FAQ". Within this view, only include the Answer column. Under the "Grouping" section, group by Question and select "collapsed".
    3. Now when you go to the view you will have a question group heading and once you expand it will then show the FAQ answer.

This is a fairly basic solution but it may meet your needs!

My Blog - www.JonesingForSharePoint.com

Friday, May 11, 2012 1:38 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with SharePointJones' solution.We are using an FAQ list as in a custom list format he suggested.But do not use grouping, use metadata columns instead.

I am using the metadata columns to categorize the questions, which makes the metadata navigation available with the question categories and FAQ looks really nice, and also very useful.

In addition to these, you can use the 'Preview Pane' under the Style options in the selecting view. It makes answer visible when you hover the question.

We have tried many FAQ formats in SharePoint but this one is the best in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

ceren

• Edited by ova c Friday, May 11, 2012 9:18 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2012 9:16 AM
  • I like your suggestion, thanks alot. One more thing I wanted was people to be able to enter questions also so how should I go about it?
    Monday, May 14, 2012 12:54 PM
  • Hi, grab the new question link and put it to a content editor web part below or above the FAQ , like 'click here to ask a question' etc..

ceren

Monday, May 14, 2012 2:53 PM