none
Asp.net Core to Port Java Desktop App

Question

• Hi,

First of all, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. If it is not, please kindly tell me and I will post it where you recommend.

I am a Java Dev but also an MCP on several Microsoft solutions (Strange mix I know). I do dev as a side job.

I developed an MVC Java Desktop App that uses MySQL (with Java Persistence API) and some sort of my own developed authentication module among other things like a Excel and PDF exporter.

I want to "port" this app to ASP.NET Core, I saw the basic and intermediate MVA courses and I read on docs.microsoft.com,  and I was wondering:

I see there are 3 MySQL EF Core database providers, as I am porting an existing app, I need to know: are these providers mature enough? What is the roadmap for the MySQL Official DB Provider?

The examples are not very detailed and I fail to find examples connecting to an existing database, I think that the documentation on this topic is not enough. I hope someone can lead me  to the right place to read on more advanced info about this.

Many thanks

Friday, December 30, 2016 10:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Andres Gorzelany,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is more relates to the ASP.NET Core port issue. Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I found a blog: Porting to .NET Core and it describes an overview of port the existing code to .NET Core.

You can add a comment in there to the Immo Landwerth, or directly consult with he for the professional support for your issue.

Meanwhile, I found another support place that Immo mentioned, you can redirect to the here and file your issue with tag ‘port-to-core’ and waiting for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 02, 2017 6:47 AM