none
"The browser is closed" error when trying to login to SharePoint logic app RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

For work purposes, I was trying to test an automatic sync connection between a SharePoint solution and an Azure SQL DB (changes on the SharePoint should be automatically applied in the DB)

However, when I tried connecting to the SharePoint, I get the following error (after logging in from a popup Window seems to work, as it simply closes and never says that the login is unsuccessful):

(I cannot post images since my account is not verified, but it is simply a red bar saying "The browser is closed." under the "SharePoint - When an existing item is modified" title bar, and above the "GATEWAYS" body.

I have tried with my personal email address (the one I used to set up the trial Azure account), as well as my work email.

No SharePoint subscriptions are connected to these accounts, as I am just trying to connect to an internally (in the company) hosted SharePoint. Is this even possible?

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Michael -

If your company has a SharePoint hosted on-prem, you can use the on-premise data gateway to gain access to it from Logic Apps. 

For issue "the browser is closed", if you're experiencing this with Internet Explorer, please try a different browser and see if the problem is mitigated. We have seen reports of such issue on IE and are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Derek

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael -

If your company has a SharePoint hosted on-prem, you can use the on-premise data gateway to gain access to it from Logic Apps. 

For issue "the browser is closed", if you're experiencing this with Internet Explorer, please try a different browser and see if the problem is mitigated. We have seen reports of such issue on IE and are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Derek

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 6:38 PM
  • Hello Derek, 

Many thanks for your reply.

I will contact someone internally to see if I can access the the on-prem hosted SharePoint using the on-premise data gateway, thank you.

For logging purposes: I experienced the "the browser is closed" issue on both IE and Chrome.

Kr,

Michael

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Hi Michael,

For the logon issue, se if any of this help you to get over the problem:

1) make sure that you browser is allowing pop-ups (the authorization sometimes pop up a new browser window for that).

2) Clear your browser cache.

3) Try using the browser in incognito/inprivate mode (depending on your browser).

I know that sounds like standard support nonsense, but I had similar problems before, and that helped.

Cheers, Wagner.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 8:56 AM