Do I need a background task if I have a defined set of scheduledNotifications?

Question

• I'm scheduling a fixed amount of daily Tips as scheduledNotificatios for the liveTile.

I took that as an example: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Tile-updates-from-2f6a854c#content

My question is...
    due to the fact that I have 100 daily Tipps and scheduled them accordingly at the first app launch for what would I need a backgroundtask? I think I can "live" without that in this specific case. Or am I mistaken?

Schedule Timelimit?
    Also I would like to know if there's a limit not for the amount of scheduledNotifications (it is around 4000 I think) but for the maxmimum time in the future. Becasue I always see examples for minutes and hours - but I'm schedulung 100 days ahead (in daily steps).

Can thus be guranteed that the tipps will show up each day and also stay the whole day, as long as I don't set an expiration time (or I could set it to 23 or 24 hours)?

Or would it be better to schedule just one tipp and than have a backgroundtask checking every hour or so if a new day is reached and then set the next scheduled tipp?

• Edited by SW_Andy Friday, April 11, 2014 12:40 PM
    Friday, April 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Answers

• You do not need a background task for this. Scheduled notifications should be sufficient and much more efficient.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by SW_Andy Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:51 AM
    Friday, April 11, 2014 2:40 PM
    Owner

All replies

• You do not need a background task for this. Scheduled notifications should be sufficient and much more efficient.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by SW_Andy Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:51 AM
    Friday, April 11, 2014 2:40 PM
    Owner
  • Great ;) Thanks Rob
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:50 AM