If I'm making an Xamarin app should I be putting code for accessing AWS services directly in my app? RRS feed

• Question

• User315059 posted

If I'm making an native Xamarin app to put on the Google Play and Apple Stores, should I be putting code for accessing AWS services directly in my app?

I‘m making a native Xamarin social media app, and I want to use the Amazon SDK for Xamarin to utilize Amazon’s Cognito services. Should I be putting code from the SDK to access AWS directly in my Xamarin app project? Or should I be making HTTP requests to a backend that will access AWS instead?

Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:10 AM

Answers

• User205607 posted

If you're referring to the mobile SDK for .NET and Xamarin, the yes, you should be adding a reference in your projects and using that to access AWS services. The mobile SDK provides wrappers around AWS REST APIs, which you could call directly, as well, but for a cleaner code base, I'd personally only do that if something I wanted to consume wasn't available in the SDK.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 14, 2017 8:43 PM

All replies

• User205607 posted

If you're referring to the mobile SDK for .NET and Xamarin, the yes, you should be adding a reference in your projects and using that to access AWS services. The mobile SDK provides wrappers around AWS REST APIs, which you could call directly, as well, but for a cleaner code base, I'd personally only do that if something I wanted to consume wasn't available in the SDK.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 14, 2017 8:43 PM
  • User317418 posted

If i have to develop an app using Xamarin is there is other host can i choose apart from AWS?

Monday, April 17, 2017 5:51 PM