Sample State machine Workflow implementation in ASP.net for approval workflow RRS feed

• Question

• In ASP.Net application, I display a list which can be in below three states -

1. Initial
    2. Submitted
    3. Approved

I need to write a workflow with these three state but not able to understand how do I implement triggers for these states in asp.net application as user would be changing the state as per his convenience through web application pages. Please help.

A small state machine workflow as a service example with persistence would be of great help. I found many examples on internet but did not find one simple with below requirement

1. State machine workflow as WCF service with persistence

2. State transition on triggers though UI action like button click etc.

3. Example demonstrating where to write a code to load workflow and instance storage how to handle for asp.net application.

4. How to keep Workflow in memory and unload for asp.net application?

Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Jun Zh - MSFT Microsoft Online Community Support

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, March 31, 2014 1:07 AM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 12:34 AM