"Specified resource ms.partial not found" - Create File - Storage Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a logic app that sends a HTTP request and creates a file in a Storage Account file share with the request response - this has been working fine up until last night. It all runs through until the 'Azure - Create File' step:

Image link here: https://imgur.com/nyPAqJi

In the file share, I can see that the 'ms.partial' file it references is in the root of the fileshare and inside the folder where it is supposed to create a file there is the same file but with 'ms.partial.lock' as the extension. Both of these files are 0 B in size.

Is there a file size limit on 'Azure - Create File'? the only difference in this run to previous runs is that the file it's trying to create is around ~60MB whereas previous files have been 50MB or below.

I created a test logic app which creates a small static file to the same location and that works fine..

Thanks!

• Edited by alexedwardh Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:26 PM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:25 PM

Answers

• I managed to fix this by adding a Compose step and converting the request body to a string.

No idea why request body to create file stopped working suddenly though.

• Marked as answer by alexedwardh Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:28 PM

All replies

• I managed to fix this by adding a Compose step and converting the request body to a string.

No idea why request body to create file stopped working suddenly though.

• Marked as answer by alexedwardh Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:28 PM
  • We are facing exactly the same issue. This was working fine till two days back and suddenly stopped working.

We are using Azure file storage in our case. The workflow is trying to copy a file from an 'Input' folder to a 'Processing' folder , using Create file step (File content and file name as parameters)

We are noticing the same behaviour as the OP. The step fails with the error message;

"message""Specified resource /<foldername>/Processing/<FileName>.txt.{GUID}.ms.partial not found.

I can see this ms.partial extension file created in the root folder . And in the processing folder, there is a file with the same name but with 'ms.lock' at the end.

<FileName>.txt.{GUID}.ms.partial.ms.lock

This step has worked fine in the past and noticing this error only for last two days. Has anything changed for these APIs?

Thanks

Shiva

• Edited by Shiva Patil Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:52 PM Corrected.
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:50 PM
  • Pretty sure it's a bug that's been introduced as it's an issue that is easily reproducible. I've been told an engineer is looking into it! As a temporary workaround you can add an extra 'Compose' step that converts the file content as a string before creating the file with it.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:59 PM
  • I have the exact same issue as well.

LogicApp connects to SFTP then for each file in the folder, it reads the file, creates a new file on a local SFTP site, and then deletes the source.

We are getting ms.partial and ms.partial.ms.lock files.  The process has gone from seconds to 10 minutes or more, and is really messing up a production system.

Can someone assist with the Compose step? It seems to be failing in the 'For Each' step, which is write after a 'List Folder Contents' call.

Brian A. Lemaster Tecodo, Inc.

Monday, March 19, 2018 7:59 PM
  • The regression here has been found and fixed. You should not run into this issue anymore. Also, you should not need to add interim steps. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

-Cameron

Monday, March 19, 2018 10:25 PM
  • Hi Brian,

If you are still facing this issue, please send an email to logicappsbug[at]microsoft[dot]com

with your subscription, resource group and logic app details.

We can investigate the cause.

Monday, March 19, 2018 11:25 PM
  • Just did testing.  Same exact effect.  Takes over 30 seconds or more for a 728K file, it creates the ms.partial and ms.partial.ms.lock files.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:50 PM
  • I will be sending you an email right now.  I am working with your group already, and will send the details.

This is a big problem for me, these are financial transactions.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:51 PM
  • I sent email to logicappsbug@Microsoft.com and it bounced back with: az-logapps-dev@microsoft.com only allows emails from internal.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:56 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Sorry about the error in the other email, we will get that fixed.

Please send the details again to this email logicappsemail@microsoft.com .

We will try and get this resolved ASAP.

-Preetham

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:12 PM
  • Just sent it. ICM has been created at MS. See you guys can work together on this.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:39 PM