Authenticate and Authorize the current user RRS feed

• Question

• User870958583 posted

Hi,

Is there any way that we can Authenticate and Authorize the user that already logged in to a machine using his/her active directory credential in our asp.net web application.

More details:I want to design an application for our company and one of my requirements is as long as the user is logged in to his/her machine using his/her active directory credential they should be get access to my web application. No usernname and password should be asked.

Friday, January 9, 2009 10:50 AM

All replies

• User-590788913 posted

Sure, here's the guide.

Friday, January 9, 2009 11:07 AM
  • User-1943149736 posted

I would strongly recommend checking out Scott's blog posting which targets exactly what you want - very easy to follow...

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/pages/Recipe_3A00_-Implementing-Role_2D00_Based-Security-with-ASP.NET-2.0-using-Windows-Authentication-and-SQL-Server.aspx

Friday, January 9, 2009 12:05 PM
  • User-116968802 posted

if you simply want to use windows athuntication drag and drop a login control and put this in you web config file 

<authentication mode="Windows">

</authentication>

<authorization>

<deny users="?"/>

<allow users="*"/>

</authorization>

Or if you are planning on authenticating the user once agin using active directory ..let me know i can post back the entire code for custom active directory authentication for you website

Friday, January 9, 2009 12:16 PM