none
Beyond Frustrated with MSDN Subscription Support RRS feed

• Question

• I have been an MSDN subscriber for 7 years.  Each year I have renewed my subscription faithfully in October/November.  This past November 7th 2016, as usual, I paid my account dues via my AMEX.  The money was taken from my account, I received a confirmation email that the order was processed.  I never, however received my Product Key nor did I receive an email indicating there was a problem with my order.  

I did not notice there was an issue with my account until recently due to the fact I had been using the old MSDN portal which worked fine, up until this past month.   I now see this page has been retired and I am redirected to a new VS Portal which is requesting a key.  

I contacted MSDN support via phone to get the key, I explained the situation and after much back and forth with several departments and many calls and emails, I finally received the news my order "failed" and I would have to request a refund and start a new subscription.

If my order actually failed, why would the funds be taken from my account. 

What is sad about this whole situation is no one seems to really care or make an effort to confirm that my payment was received on time.  Applying some common sense and confirming payment was actually received would be the first step any other business on the planet would take.   I have emailed copies of credit card statements, yet no one however seems to want to take the time to confirm my payment.

I am responsible for many servers, several hundred client computers and laptops.  I have purchased more licenses than I can count for Server OS's, SQL, MS Office, Intune, Exchange, etc. etc., yet no one really cares.

It is just so incredibly disappointing to get this level of service after being such a loyal customer over the years.

Friday, June 30, 2017 1:24 PM