Starting ModalPopup from Hyperlink Control and Keeping NavigateURL intact RRS feed

• Question

• User-1995187168 posted

Is it possible to start an event with the hyperlink control?

For example, when I press the control I need to start a modalpopup.

I know you may suggest to use a linkbutton but I cannot as I need to start a protocol handler (in the registry) that only starts with a direct link through the hyperlink control.

So, in my mind it should be something to this effect:

<

<asp:Hyperlink ID="HyperLink1" runat="server" navigateurl="protocol:handlerpath" click="Hyperlink1">

code behind:

Protected Sub Hyperlink1(ByVal sender as Object, byval e as system.web.ui.imageclickeventargs) handles hyperlink1.click

MyModalPopup.Show()

End Sub

Eh, but of course that doesn't work :)

Using the targetcontrol for the popup control as a hyperlink renders the hyperlink useless (as it will only open the modal popup) and not go to the navigateurl.

Any input appreciated.

Thank you!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:01 AM

All replies

• User2103319870 posted

Add  dummy button in your HTML MarkUp like given below

<asp:Button ID="btnDummy" runat="server" Text="Edit" Style="display: none;" />

Assign it to your modalpopup extender

<asp:ModalPopupExtender ID="mpe" runat="server" DynamicServicePath="" Enabled="True"
            PopupControlID="pnlPopup" BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground" TargetControlID="btnDummy">
        </asp:ModalPopupExtender>

And open the popup from codebehind like given below

Protected Sub Hyperlink1(ByVal sender as Object, byval e as system.web.ui.imageclickeventargs) handles hyperlink1.click

MyModalPopup.Show()

End Sub

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:29 AM
  • User-1995187168 posted

Thank you A2H- however hyperlinks do not raise events - so I was just using an example with the Sub  as to what I would like to do.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:42 AM
  • User1918509225 posted

Hi akera.moi,

I suggest that you can set a breakpoint on the hyperlinks ,check if it can be hit.

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

Monday, November 24, 2014 4:35 AM