none
How do I tell why my app fails certification because "The app does not appear to fully support touch input"

Question

• I keep getting this generic useless message from submitting my app for certification:

The app does not appear to fully support touch input. Touch support in this app do not appear to work to our reviewers. Please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/Hh761498.aspx for some of the common interactions for keyboard, mouse and touch.

I get a zip file with a PDF.  The PDF include the same message and a screen shot that pretty clearly shows they used mouse and that some of the content has been scrolled.  I use my app every day and it undoubtedly supports the keyboard, mouse and touch.

However, it does not support pinch/zoom since I don't have any actual reason in my app to do that.

How can I get a more detailed description of why my app is being rejected?  I support Tap, Slide and Swipe because it makes sense to do so.  However I don't have any need for "press and hold" "turn" "pinch" or "stretch" in my app.  Do I need to put these in just to have the feature?

Is there a step-by-step checklist of what the app certifiers do that I can run through and see what they might consider "not supported?"

I have put notes similar to this post in my submissions notes but to no avail.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 3:05 PM

Answers

• so  ... answering my own question ... On another thread I saw the suggestion to resubmit the app and in the notes to testers section ask for specifically what was not supported.  And now I am magically "In the store."
    • Marked as answer by RockOh Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:18 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:18 AM

All replies

• I have had this failure a few times.

I just make everything usable by touch too.

I had an item "F1 = new game" and because you couldnt touch it or click the mouse on it then the app failed.

n.Wright

Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:21 PM
  • thanks for the tip.  I have used my app end to end with only touch, only mouse, only keyboard and only the on-screen keyboard. Every feature works perfectly.

I am wondering if some automated tool does not work because I don't have any input fields in my app.  I hook the PreviewKeyDown event to handle all keyboard interactions.  That's the only thing I can guess.

Submitted again pleading with a fuller explanation of why it's being rejected.

I can see why the Apple App store is so popular.  You can't get anything certified in the windows store.  Very disappointing.

Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:20 PM
  • My apps have failed loads of times despite passing WACK 3.1

It does get very frustrating.

MS say the certification is strict to give a better user experience.

I can see their point of view but sometimes the fixes that need to be made can be quite complex.

Win 8 app store is relatively new so fixes are sometimes hard to find online.

n.Wright

Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:23 PM
  • so  ... answering my own question ... On another thread I saw the suggestion to resubmit the app and in the notes to testers section ask for specifically what was not supported.  And now I am magically "In the store."
    • Marked as answer by RockOh Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:18 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:18 AM

I have seen this before.

I submitted an app and it failed because it wasn't of sufficient value to anyone.

On resubmission it passed and I didn't change anything.

I can only guess on each submission you are getting a different tester with slightly different views o nwhat is good or bad.

n.Wright

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:21 AM