none
Xamarin Profiler Disabled

Question

• The Xamarin Profiler menu option under Analyze is disabled in my installation of Visual Studio Enterprise 2017.  This page describes some troubleshooting steps for just such a condition: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/profiler/troubleshooting/

The list of troubleshooting conditions found on this page include the following:

"Ensure that you are using the Debug configuration" - The Solution in question is currently using Debug
    "Ensure that you are using the SGen Garbage collector.: - SGen is the default garbage collector and I haven't intentionally changed it in any way.
    "Ensure the Platform is supported." - I'm using Visual Studio Enterprise, attempting to profile on either a device or the Visual Studio Emulator for Android
    "Ensure that you have the right license." - Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise.  Explicitly stated as the "right license."
    "Ensure that you are logged in and properly authenticated." - I am logged into my MSDN account in Visual Studio
    "[Visual Studio] You must be using Visual Studio Enterprise and have a valid Enterprise license." - I am using a valid Enterprise license.

I originally installed Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise using a valid Imagine license.  For production purposes, I was using Visual Studio 2017 Professional at that point.  Later, I concluded that I needed the Xamarin Profiler and purchased an Enterprise MSDN subscription.  The license key in my system remains the Imagine license and I can see no way to change that license.  I don't know if this Imagine license affects my ability to use Xamarin Profiler.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, for the issue about Xamarin Profiler, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.xamarin.com/categories/profiler and start a new thread for your issue, you will get a more professional support from there.

Please have a look at the Compare VS 2017 Offerings and we can know that the Xamarin Profiler is only supported on VS Enterprise version, and refer to the troubleshot document that you shared, it need a valid Enterprise license. In my understanding, you already got a valid enterprise license at your first VS enterprise installation. You need to confirm with the Xamarin support engineers to check if this issue is caused by the licenses issue or not.

>>The license key in my system remains the Imagine license and I can see no way to change that license.

How do you know the license not updated? You can report this issue through Help-Send Feedback-Report a problem to share the detail information to the VS Product Team, thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:38 AM