none
Why does my default SMTP virtual Server not send email to addresses on same server ? RRS feed

• Question

• I host a shopping cart on a my own server. When an order is placed on my shopping cart, an email copy of the order is sent

to me, and a copy sent to the customer. All works perfectly when both the user's email copy and my email copy go to

outside email addresses hosted on outside servers, such as gmail, sbcglobal.net, Hotmail, Att, etc.

However, when I try to receive my copy to an email address hosted on my server (I use Argo Mail Server) it does not get

forwared to me, but instead shows up in my "Dropped Mail" folder on my server.

My Argo Mail server sends and receives emails with no problems to addresses that are hosted on outside servers, as well as

addresses on my server, including the same addresses that are not able to receive emails generating through the SMTP

virtual server..

My server has Windows 2003 standard, with IIS 6.0.

I have tried everything I know, but now I am very stumped.

Can some one please shed some light, or at least tell me where to look or how to trouble shoot.

Thanks you so very much.

Charlie
    • Edited by CharliePolo Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:07 PM
    Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Charlie,

This forum is intended for questions, problems and clarification specifically pertaining to the Open Specification documentation set itself.  Since your question is related to troubleshooting a production SMTP issue, I recommend that you post to the IIS General forum.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Charlie,

This forum is intended for questions, problems and clarification specifically pertaining to the Open Specification documentation set itself.  Since your question is related to troubleshooting a production SMTP issue, I recommend that you post to the IIS General forum.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:28 PM
  • So Sorry, I'm new to this forum and could not find where to post. I will do as you advised.

Thank you,

Charlie

Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:17 PM