none
"Windows Installer XML" - where is it in VS2017

Question

• Hi, 

• Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise 
    • Windows 10 Pro 

Installed WIX Toolset and added the extension WAX so that I can create installer/setup projects using WIX, however the project type "Windows Installer XML" is not in the "Add New Project" dialog as it was in VS2015.  Anyone know where it is? 

Thanks

From VS2015... 

Saturday, April 29, 2017 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hi my friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, I tried to install the Wix Toolset Visual Studio 2017 Extension through Tools-Extensions and Update…-Online in VS enterprise 2015 on Windows 10, and the result is as below:

I can find lots of WIX template on the New project windows and choose one to create, the setup project successfully created.

Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: http://wixtoolset.org/issues/  and start a new thread for your issue. You will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 01, 2017 8:22 AM