Access migration assistant RRS feed

• Question

• Have tried numerous times to migrate Access database to both SQL Azure and SQL Server and get the same results. It appears everything migrated except it did not create the Tables! See attached. I have downloaded the most recent Migration Assistant v7.3.

John Fletcher

Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hello Teige,

Not sure exactly how I was able to get it to work but reading other posts it seems the problem was running Access 32-bit with the Access Migration Assistant. The post said if you have Office 2016 32-bit then download Office 2013 Runtime and if that doesn't work keep going back to previous Runtime downloads. I went all the way back to Access 2010 Runtime and it worked.

John Fletcher

• Marked as answer by SpaceData Monday, May 8, 2017 3:24 PM
    Monday, May 8, 2017 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi SpaceData,

Could you please try to use SQL Server Profiler to monitor the process of migrating data from Access to SQL Server. Please pay attention to the value 'SSMA for Access' in the column 'ApplicationName'. Each steps like creating table and inserting data run by SSMA can be recorded in this.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Teige Gao Monday, May 8, 2017 3:08 AM
    Monday, May 8, 2017 3:07 AM
  • Hello Teige,

Not sure exactly how I was able to get it to work but reading other posts it seems the problem was running Access 32-bit with the Access Migration Assistant. The post said if you have Office 2016 32-bit then download Office 2013 Runtime and if that doesn't work keep going back to previous Runtime downloads. I went all the way back to Access 2010 Runtime and it worked.

John Fletcher

• Marked as answer by SpaceData Monday, May 8, 2017 3:24 PM
    Monday, May 8, 2017 3:24 PM