How to control Treble & Bass in metro style ui ?

Question

• Our Device have treble and bass function,we use IPart interface to control it in Desktop apps(WIN32 DLL).

In metro style ui the "IConnector::GetConnectedTo" interface is not available so we can't use this way to get IPart.

Is any way to control Treble & Bass in metro style UI?

• Edited by Robert.wang Monday, April 23, 2012 10:46 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 6:22 AM

Answers

• Sorry, you are correct; the IKsControl is a desktop-only API. So there is no way to control kernel streaming properties such as treble and bass from a Metro app.

Matthew van Eerde

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:19 PM

All replies

• Hello Robert,

Are you writing a device app specific to your hardware or are you looking for a generic way to control tone for a device?

-James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:35 AM
  • Both we need.

We can control our device that report features to system (MIC BOOST & Treble & Bass & A-A Path Volume & Loudness ....)in desktop mode.

We are developing in metro style apps but we have no idea to control our device for those HW function.

• Edited by Robert.wang Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:04 AM
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:02 AM
  • Hello Robert,

Thanks for the clarification. I honestly don't know how to access custom driver properties from a user mode Metro application. I don't know if it is possible. Let me talk with some other engineers and see if we can come up with a solution for you. If you don't hear back from me in two to three business days please bump this post.

Thanks,

James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Friday, April 27, 2012 1:28 AM
  • Robert,

I will look into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Friday, April 27, 2012 1:42 AM
  • Friday, April 27, 2012 1:44 AM
  • Thanks~Eric

But there is not solution of those samples for me.

In desktop mode we control HW that report to system "(MIC BOOST & Treble & Bass .....)" effects and we use WASAPI "IPart" interface to control ,now those interfaces is no longer support in Metro mode.

if we can not control effect,our customers will be feel complicated.

Example:Change Effect

Merto mode -> Desktop mode -> open our CPL -> change status -> Back Metro Mode

if we can  control this, we just need open metro app and click switch button.

Friday, April 27, 2012 5:26 AM
  • The Device Topology API (including IPart) is mostly desktop-only, as you note.

You can use the ActivateAudioInterfaceAsync method to activate an IKsControl for an adapter; you can use IAudioClient::GetService to get an IKsControl for a stream.  You can then use IKsControl::KsProperty to get and set kernel streaming properties.

Matthew van Eerde

Thursday, May 10, 2012 12:17 AM
  • IKsControl is define #if WINAPI_FAMILY_PARTITION(WINAPI_PARTITION_DESKTOP) not support metro style.

ActivateAudioInterface(defaultid->Data(), __uuidof(IKsControl), &m_IKsControl);

error C2787: 'IKsControl' : no GUID has been associated with this object

if I set kernel streaming properties and how to synchronous to system mixer property page?

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:24 AM
  • Sorry, you are correct; the IKsControl is a desktop-only API. So there is no way to control kernel streaming properties such as treble and bass from a Metro app.

Matthew van Eerde

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:19 PM
  • thanks for your reply~

Does  it is no soluation to solve this problem?

Friday, May 11, 2012 4:05 AM