none
.NET Framework 4.5.2 offline install error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using following command to install .NET Fx 4.5.2 silently.

NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe -pipe xxxSectionName /q /norestart

Recently we observed that the .NET 4.5.2 is failing intermittently  on Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2 servers. .NET 4.5.2 Fx install log file shows following error 

Exe (D:\57d6538d5bd176919cf022b20e4ecd67\x64-Windows8-RT-KB2901982-x64.msu) failed with 0x2 - The system cannot find the file specified. .
    Exe Log File: CBS.log
    Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x00000002), "The system cannot find the file specified. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:01:41).

Can you tell the cause of this issue and suggest any solution for this ?

Thanks,

-Digambar

*****************************      .NET 4.5.2 Full Log File   *****************************************

OS Version = 6.2.9200, SP = 0.0, Platform 2
    OS Description = Future OS - x64 Standard Edition 
    MSI = 5.0.9200.16384
    Windows servicing = 6.2.9200.16683
    CommandLine = D:\57d6538d5bd176919cf022b20e4ecd67\\Setup.exe -pipe BEWSSectionName /q /norestart /x86 /x64 /redist
    TimeZone = Eastern Standard Time
    Initial LCID = 1033
    Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
    Operation: Installing
    Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Setup
    Package Version = 4.5.51209
    User Experience Data Collection Policy: Disabled
    Number of applicable items: 6
    Exe (D:\57d6538d5bd176919cf022b20e4ecd67\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
    Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
    Exe (D:\57d6538d5bd176919cf022b20e4ecd67\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
    Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
    Exe (D:\57d6538d5bd176919cf022b20e4ecd67\x64-Windows8-RT-KB2901982-x64.msu) failed with 0x2 - The system cannot find the file specified. .
    Exe Log File: CBS.log
    Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x00000002), "The system cannot find the file specified. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:01:41).

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:24 AM

Answers

• @DB,

If you mean you can manually use the command to install. I would think the problem is related to permission. If you don't do it manually, how you deployed the package? PowerShell or anything else?

I'm not able to say the real problem because I don't have the evnironment. But I have a way for you. If you want to investigate what is the reason, open this tool http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx when you start the installation. It will log the file/registry access(IO operations), if it is permission problem, we can know details about it.

For example, it will log which location the process cannot read/write.

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hello DBorse,

What kind of installer do you used? Web-installer or offline installer?

Have you tried to download the installer again and have a try?

The system cannot find the file specified seems tell us system cannot find the file. In my mind it can be a permission problem or corrupt source problem. You may also need to verify whether you have the Admin privilege to install this package.

What I cannot understand is the following:

"Recently we observed that the .NET 4.5.2 is failing intermittently  on Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2 servers. .NET 4.5.2 Fx install log file shows following error "

Do you mean you can install them before but not now? Have you tried to install without using silent install command?

Regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:34 AM
  • Hi Barry,

Thanks for your reply.

1.  We are using offline installer.

2.  The installation works successfully on same system, but failed at random instance. (therefor I said intermittent issue

3. After .NET 4.5.2 failed from  our install framework , if we try installation manually from command prompt with same parameters then it succeeds.   

Thanks,

-DB

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:04 AM
  • @DB,

If you mean you can manually use the command to install. I would think the problem is related to permission. If you don't do it manually, how you deployed the package? PowerShell or anything else?

I'm not able to say the real problem because I don't have the evnironment. But I have a way for you. If you want to investigate what is the reason, open this tool http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx when you start the installation. It will log the file/registry access(IO operations), if it is permission problem, we can know details about it.

For example, it will log which location the process cannot read/write.

Best regards,

Barry

Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:27 AM