none
Vsto addin user settings not being persisted after excel update. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our company has a excel vsto addin and we are storing few user details in .net user settings. I located user.config file in AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\<addin name followed by random text>\<Excel Version Number>\user.config. I opened the file and I can see the data stored inside this file. Now, whenever I update excel version, I don't see any folder created with updated excel version number in the path that I mentioned earlier. When I open excel and go to my addin and then if I try to login, then it is creating a new folder with new excel version number as folder name, but user.config data is not copied from old version folder to new version. Is there any reason for this behavior? How do I fix this?

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

How did you install VSTO add in? How did you configure user.config for VSTO Addin? Do you use the user.config from Excel application?

In my option, if you want to store user settings, I would suggest you store it under AddIn installation Folder or any other Folder under C:/.

In addition, here is a link related with user.config might be useful for you.

# Client Settings FAQ

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rprabhu/2005/06/29/client-settings-faq/

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:45 AM