none
C++/CX Auto generate Unit Tests for C++/CX RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Windows 8 App experts,

Am a .NET developer and new to C++/CX and Windows 8 App development, trying to auto generate Unit Tests for C++/CX WindowsRuntimeComponent project in Visual Studio 2012/Windows 8 Professional.

"Create Unit Tests…" workaround on Visual Studio 2012 works for C#.NET however, not for C++/CX.

While "Create Unit Tests..." is enabled for C#.NET (Console Application) in Visual Studio 2012:

"Create Unit Tests..." is disabled for C++/CX (WindowsRuntimeComponent App) in Visual Studio 2012:

Why on earth, was this idea to deprecate this functionality in Visual Studio 2012 or was it really the Better Unit Testing with Test Code Generation to address this UserVoice idea?

Googling with Bing didn't help. So please help.

Thanks

Friday, May 10, 2013 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi recherche,

Glad to receive your reply.

"Create Unit Tests..." is disabled for C++/CX (WindowsRuntimeComponent App) in Visual Studio 2012:

Actually I didn’t find the official document about it, so this extension is out of support range of our forum, but I try to check it with the blog you shared, I get the same issue, it doesn’t support the WindowsRuntimeComponent App.

To help you resolve this issue, I suggest you post your comment here, maybe you could get some information from Dawa. In addition, you could vote the user voice:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/2748862-add-create-unit-tests-menu-option-back-?page=1&per_page=20

The Product team will evaluate them seriously, I also vote it. If I get any information about it, I will post it here. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by recherche Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:44 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:35 AM
  • Hi recherche,

I tried forcing the "Create Unit Tests..." functionality by creating Managed Test Project. However, it will prompt me the following error:

Hence I believe that it is not supported at the moment. I would really hope that Visual Studio Team would expedite the Better Unit Testing with Test Code Generation project.

Regards,
    Dawa

• Marked as answer by recherche Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:12 PM

All replies