Can't connect to Microsoft Store in Visual Studio - "The store blocked this account" RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I am running into a frustrating problem while trying to submit an UWP app to the Microsoft Store. In summary, I'm trying to publish a LOB app. I have a Developer License and I'm using a Microsoft account, (redacted)@hotmail.com

I've successfully been invited to publish apps to two different stores. Inside the Partner Center I also managed to reserve a name and start the process of submitting an app.

However, inside Visual Studio 2019 I can't seem to access the Microsoft Store to complete the process. When I try to use either option (Create App Packages or "Associate App with the store" I get an error, which indicates the following:

"The store blocked this account. Ensure the account has permission to read reserved app names and that it is linked to a valid Developer Subscroption."

I know for a fact that my Developer Subscription is valid (as proven by being able to submit an app through Partner Center) and I followed the documentation for deploying LOB apps to the letter.

FYI in Visual Studio 2017 I just get the error that a Network Error occured.
    • Edited by Torettox84 Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:43 AM Remove Credentials
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 10:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please open a free support ticket here: Contact Us. Choose to Contact us, select Dashboard for Topic and select Account setup and management for issue type. Only the store team could check if your account is blocked or just a network error.

Best regards.

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:34 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem.
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:18 PM
  • Hi,

So you have the same issue when associating with the store right? Have you tried to login to the Dev center using browser? If you still get the same issue, you could open a support ticket as I said in my previous reply.

If you haven't get response from the store team via the support ticket. You could share the ticket number here and I will send the ticket number to the team to bring your back online.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:43 AM
  • Hello Roy,

Followed your advice and I got a reply from them. Don't really know what to make from their reply. It's both a known temporary problem that might be solved in the next few WEEKS or not a store problem at all. Not sure how that works Here's the mail I received:

Hello There,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You have reached the Developer Center Support. We provide assistance regarding many situations related to the Xbox and Windows apps and some of their processes under the Partner center, however, it seems to be a difficulty temporary and should correct itself in the next couple of weeks. As well, since it is a situation related to Visual Studio we have a Specialized Team who will be in charge of the issue you are experiencing. You can easily contact them by raising a ticket on the next link:

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/support/

As well, you could go to the following forums and ask for this specific situation, in there you will find a world of developers that will be more than happy to assist you with this:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=visualstudio

With that said, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions we can assist with

Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:42 AM
  • Hi,

I'm sorry to say that I can't offer more help with your issue because only the store team could check the states of your account. In last three days, there are some customers reporting the same issue that they could not login to the Dev Center. I'm not sure if this is the reason for your issue. But still only the store team could fix this. 

Another suggestion is that you could also report this issue in the Visual Studio's forum. For example, you could submit a feedback in the Visual Studio 2019 reporting your problem.

Best regards,

Roy

Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:42 AM
  • i have the same problem

by any chance do you have azure ad conditional access enabled on the tenant associated with your microsoft store publisher account?

or have those settings recently changed?

Thursday, January 30, 2020 11:18 PM