none
Problems when runing Visual Studio 2012 report to Window Server 2012 with ReportViewer 2012 install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use Visual Studio 2012 Professional to develop some reports (RDLC). I got reportviewer on each webform to display the report, and it works fine when running in my local PC (with IIS Express). However, after deploying to WinServer 2012, with ReportViewer 2012 redistributable install, error comes out when running the report:

• The definition of this report is not valid or
    supported by this version of Reporting Services. The report definition may have
    been created with a later version of Reporting Services, or contain content that
    is not well-formed or not valid based on Reporting Services schemas. Details:
    Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

I am using MS SQL Server 2005 in my local PC. Is it the reason causing such error occurs (should I use SQL Server 2012?)? I check that the ReportViewer for reporting webforms installed in my local PC is version 11.0.0.0, which should match the ReportViewer 2012 Redistributable well. So, anyone pls help me...?

Thanks a lot.

Eric

Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:42 AM