Voice Capture DSP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have a voip app, currently using DirectSound for audio recording/playback, they both have circular buffers from what I read/write from time to time. As in Vista some of DirectSound features (like AEC) are not available anymore, I was looking for another solution and I've found this Voice Capture DSP. However, I could not find how to get it working like my system was when using directsound ring buffers. Does it have a similar way to deal with buffers? Also, I had some problems to find documentation about it...

Thanks in advance,

Marco

• Moved by Mike Dos Zhang Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:34 AM Media Foundation dev (From:General Windows Desktop Development Issues)
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:41 PM

Answers

• Hello!

For anyone who is getting troubles to find online doc, I have found this documentation very useful, which gives some more especific details of this library: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/MicArrays_guide.mspx. I could get it working now. Basically you start one thread with a loop calling a function "getMicData()" from time to time. Then in this function you keep getting data using ProcessOutput() while the field dwStatus of the DMO_OUTPUT_DATA_BUFFER is different from DMO_OUTPUT_DATA_BUFFERF_INCOMPLETE. I have stored the data in a circular buffer just as I was doing before with DirectSound, then from time to time I send this data to the network. The migration was not so difficult after all.

Best regards,

Marco

• Marked as answer by Pararu.mk Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:34 PM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:34 PM

All replies