none
.NET Framework 3.5 installs but Can't Enable in Win 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Please help  I can install .net framework 3.5 with no errors and when I go to Turn Windows Features on or off   .net Framework 3.5 is listed and unchecked.

When I check it and click ok it goes to the box saying searching for requested features, then it say's  Windows Completed the requested changes. Windows needs to reboot your PC to finish installing the requested changes. 

I restart the PC.

And then check turn windows features on or off and it's back to being listed but unchecked.

I removed and reinstalled .net framework 3.5 and same thing over and over 

Yes I'm doing this with Admin rights

I copied the microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab file over to an install folder and ran

Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:C:\install /LimitAccess

I get the message "The operation is complete but NetFx3 feature was not enabled."

I restart go to enable it in windows features and the same thing installs with no errors and say restart and so I do and then it still shows unchecked.

Please help I have and app that requires this to be installed

Thursday, February 22, 2018 12:12 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please have a look at this blog: .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User’s Guide and download the .NET Framework setup verification tool to verify the .NET Framework 3.5.

I tried to check those 2 options under .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) to install, it completely without any error, not requires restarting the computer and check it again like the following:

You can try to Shut down the computer and start to check its status again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

I am also suffering the exact same issue. I installed the verification tool as you suggested, but .Net 3.5 doesn't appear in the list.

When I select in "Turn windows features on or off", the machine requires a reboot, and once rebooted, .Net 3.5 remains unchecked.

I am using Windows 10 (1709).

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:24 PM
  • Hello,

I also have the same exact problem and I need this for an older version of Unity. I am able to check the feature, then after restarting it becomes unchecked.

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:13 PM
  • I too am seeing the identical issue on a brand new system.
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 10:15 PM
  • If you have a WSUS since 1709 .NET 3.5 is not available as a FeatureOnDemand!

you can install it manually from your Windows Disc:\sources\sxs\microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab

Hope that helps

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Solution for us for 1709 onwards:

gpedit.msc (or create a GPO)
    Administrative Templates\System\"Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" and check the checkbox "Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Service (WSUS)"

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 9:18 AM