Xaml Slider control has some weird behaviours and can not set the min value with DirectX11.1

Question

• Hi, guys,

I got some very weird things around Xaml slider control when I tried to integrate the advantages of Xaml and DirectX using SwapChainBackgroundPanel. First, when the slider control shows, I change the value by moving the thumb, then I released the pointer, thing happend, the thumb jumped to the previous position and jumped back very fast. The second is when I tried to set the min value greater than 0, It would cause a crash. I am pretty sure the two things didn't happen if the SwapChainBackgroundPanel is not used. Does someone have ideas? Thanks.

Friday, June 15, 2012 7:01 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Would you please provide us the whole codes to reproduce this issue,

You can upload your project to skydriver

http://skydrive.live.com/

It is not necessary that you send out the whole of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business details from it.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:16 PM
  • Hi, Jesse,

This first one is easy to reproduce, you just have to create a Direct2D(Xaml) Project, and simply drag a regular slider control into the SwapChainBackgroundPanel, then move the thumb of the slider, this jumping issue will happen.

The minimum value setting issue doesn't  happen every time, especially happens when you have already set the value, and then close the project completely and re-open, run again,  application will crash, afterwards, setting back the minimum value to 0, the application will be fine.

Thanks.

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:47 PM