The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Service Fabric, Azure Service Fabric!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Service Fabric on Windows Server 2012 - Connectivity Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed the pre-reqs for Service Fabric on a Windows Server 2012 VM I wish to host a service fabric cluster on. The test configuration script runs successfully but the create script fails with the following error.

Please ensure connectivity to endpoint 'https://vortex.data.microsoft.com/collect/v1' is enabled

Has anyone else had this issue?

When I try and make an HTTP GET request via Chrome, IE, or Postman to this URL, I get a 400 error with a JSON response I cannot make sense of.

The JSON response I get is

{
      "ipv": false,
      "pvm": null,
      "rej": 1,
      "bln": 0,
      "acc": 0,
      "efi": [
        {
          "line": 0,
          "char": 0,
          "reason": 9
        }
      ]
    }

Any help would be greatly appreciated as well as any other tips on setting up Service Fabric on a Windows Server 2012 machine

- Mitch

• Edited by Mitchell_H Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:32 AM

Answers

• At *installation* time, the machine that is being used to install Service Fabric for Windows Server must have internet connectivity. This can be a remote machine that you are using to install Service Fabric for Windows Server onto another set of machines to create the cluster. Once the cluster is created/installed internet connectivity is no longer required to run the cluster.

Thanks.

Mark

Lead Program Manager, Microsoft

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 3:35 AM