[UWP][HTML] Problems using Window.Media.Capture.CameraCaptureUI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to use the CameraCaptureUI within my WinJS App. Unfortunately the CameraCaptureUI is very unstable. Here the bugs I found:

First, the camera dialog does not open, and throws the exception "Operation aborted", when the property croppedAspectRadio is not set:

var dialog = new Windows.Media.Capture.CameraCaptureUI();
    //dialog.photoSettings.croppedAspectRatio = { width: 16, height: 9 };
    dialog.captureFileAsync(Windows.Media.Capture.CameraCaptureUIMode.photo).done(function (file) {

}, function (err) {
       WinJS.log && WinJS.log(err, "sample", "error"); // err = „Operation aborted“ exception
    });

Second, with a "croppedAspectRadio" the dialog opens, but when you try to close it with the window close button, WWAHost.exe throws an unhandled win32 exception.

Third, on a Surface Pro 3 the CameraCaptureUI dialog opens, but when you take a picture the dialog throws an exception.

Currently I have installed: Window 10, Build 10130; Visual Studio 2015 RC

Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:31 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I have already tested Windows 10, Build 10158. The first two bugs seemed to be fixed. Thx!

Regards,
    Matthias

• Marked as answer by Mesju Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I will look into this for you tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:16 PM
  • Very sorry that I didn't get to look at this today. I'll put it on my schedule for Monday.

-James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Saturday, June 13, 2015 12:09 AM
  • Hello,

okay, thank you! Please let me know when you have a solution.

Regards,
    Matthias

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:31 AM
  • Hello,

I have already tested Windows 10, Build 10158. The first two bugs seemed to be fixed. Thx!

Regards,
    Matthias

• Marked as answer by Mesju Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 1:14 PM