none
MDAC crashed ODBC in Win2000 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

I had a program witch uses ODBC for some operations. In a PC with W2K it didn't run. The support service said me to install MDAC 2.8. I went in microsoft site, searched MDAC2.8, checked that Win2000 was supported, downloaded and installed into this PC.

When I done that, the ODBC stopped to run. If I start the ODBC administrator, it says «The ODBC resource DLL c:\windows\system\odbcint.dll) is a different version than the administrator (c:\windows\system\odbcad32.dll)».

I searched this comment in some articles, and I found this one: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170769/en-us, that says the MDAC aren't to be installed under Win2000.

The support service of my programs says that they used to install that with regularity. How can I make this PC run correctly the ODBC?

Thanks

Friday, December 7, 2007 2:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try this also from Microsoft support it checks for the correct version of MDAC needed for your Win2k.  You also need to get your program developers to solve these connection related problems.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307255

Saturday, December 8, 2007 10:00 PM
  •  

Hi,

This link checks if my system is correct and it says not, but it doesn't do anything to correct it, and doesn't tell me anything about how to repair it.

Thoose are the rows where I have something wrong:

Name                                                        Item Type Mismatch Fields
    DBNMPNTW.DLL                                                File      Expected : version=2000.85.1022.0;
    msader15.dll                                                File      Expected : version=2.80.1022.0;
    msado15.dll                                                 File      Expected : version=2.80.1022.0;
    msadrh15.dll                                                File      Expected : version=2.80.1022.0;
    MSDASQL.DLL                                                 File      Expected : version=2.80.1022.0;
    MSDASQLR.DLL                                                File      Expected : version=2.80.1022.0;
    ODBC32.dll                                                  File      Expected : version=3.525.1022.0;
    odbccp32.dll                                                File      Expected : version=3.525.1022.0;
    ODBCINT.dll                                                 File      Expected : version=3.525.1022.0;
    SQLSRV32.DLL                                                File      Expected : version=2000.85.1022.0;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Classes\ADODB.Command\CurVer     Registry  Expected : data=ADODB.Command.2.80;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Classes\ADODB.Connection\CurVer  Registry  Expected : data=ADODB.Connection.2.80;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Classes\ADODB.Error\CurVer       Registry  Expected : data=ADODB.Error.2.80;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Classes\ADODB.ErrorLookup\CurVer Registry  Expected : data=ADODB.ErrorLookup.2.80;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Classes\ADODB.Parameter\CurVer   Registry  Expected : data=ADODB.Parameter.2.80;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Classes\ADODB.Recordset\CurVer   Registry  Expected : data=ADODB.Recordset.2.80;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Classes\ADOR.Recordset\CurVer    Registry  Expected : data=ADOR.Recordset.2.80;

If you want the entire result, you can download the .txt file.
    Monday, December 10, 2007 10:38 AM
  • You need to talk to your system developer so you can fix the problem and while you are at it try the latest MDAC service pack.

Monday, December 10, 2007 3:17 PM
  • Aaaaarrrrgghh!!!

I didn't saw that there was a service pack!!!!

Ok, the next time I will be more careful.

Thank you!

Monday, December 10, 2007 4:02 PM