Driver problem with modem internet- net stick

Question

• HI 

I've downloaded the Windows 8 developer preview from her - and i installed the windows in my computer - and every thing is good - but i have 2 problem in this windows - 
    1- 
    I have a modem Internet ( orange ALCATEL HSP USB MODEM - NeT STICK )  Everyone knows that this modem have a program Must be installed on Windows to be able to connect to the Internet through the program - in windows 7 i was installed the program normaly - The Windows 7 was  recognize the modem Driver - recognize the ports com -  in device manager like any driver -Mouse Driver - Driver screen - keyboard Driver - Driver Hardsk -sound driver . 

but in windows 8 - i install the modem as normal - but the error message appears - says that Windows does not recognize the modem
    When I went to Device Manager and looked at the modem drivers ports - I saw the yellow signals indicate the failure of Windows to recognize the modem . 

i cant update the driver Because I do not have Internet - Windows did not recognize the modem software . 

The second problem : After installing Windows 8 on the computer - I went to browse the windows and see the looks on the control panel and others - surprised that Windows is nooot  activated - Windows must be a 30-day trail - And so also There is an error message error code - 

Current product key : ****-36498  -- Exactly like this star 

Activitation details : 

Error code : 

0x80072EE7 

The server name or address not be resolved . 

I've just given you information about these problems and to modify IN the Windows 8 coming - I know that this release is to experience, and development . 

THANKS -  very beautiful WORKS - But - if you modify the Windows Media Player - LIKE the color and the style - and add format and codec video and music - Why did not you make this ? .  

Can I change the foreground color for the Home APPS ? It's a green color . 

THANKS 

Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:04 AM

All replies

• hi there,

regarding drivers for your modem, the easy way around would be to connect through ethernet (at a friends for example) to obtain internet connection.

then you can use a site like www.ma-config.com to automatically detect your modem and point you to an updated driver download (it's all free of charge).

concerning the colour changes in the interface it WILL be available in the first public beta, i guess, but it is not a supported feature in WDP Build.

anyway, the issues you are getting are standard Beta/Alpha build issues, drivers and un-implemented feature at this phase of developpement it's a normal thing to live with...

hope my two cents help,

best regards,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:11 PM
  • Activation requires the internet and once you get the drivers for your modem and can connect, you should be able to activate your system.

Marilyn
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:02 PM