none
Calculate the price per tier RRS feed

• Question

• So I have used the DTU calculator to find out which service tier is best for our workload. Now I need to find out the pricing for this particular tier as we are planning to use SQL Managed instances.

I tried the SQL Azure calculator in the Managed instances, but where do I need to mention the tier?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. You can use this URL and then can select the service tier for the required SQL Managed Instance as highlighted in the screenshot:

Hope this helps.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:11 AM
  • Hi,

I hope the information provided for your concern is helpful. Please "Mark as answer" if it was helpful, so that it can help the other users with same problem.

If you need more information, please let us know.

Friday, June 14, 2019 9:03 AM
  •  I was hoping that there would be an option to select a particular service tier. For example Premium P11, Do you know where would I put the service tier level? 

Thank you.

Monday, June 17, 2019 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

There are two models – DTU (old) and vCores (new). Standard and Premium tiers (like P11) apply to the DTU model, where as the equivalent offerings in new vCore model are General Purpose (~Standard) and Business Critical (~Premium).

DTU model is only available for single db and elastic pools. For managed instance they will have to use the new vCore model. They can pick either General Purpose or Business Critical and then the number of cores. There is no such thing as DTU tiers for Managed Instance. Due to which you only see Standard and Business Critical in service tier while calculating the price.

Hope this will help you with your concern.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:23 AM
  • Hi,

I hope the information provided for your concern is helpful. Please "Mark as answer" if it was helpful, so that it can help the other users with same problem.

If you need more information, please let us know.

Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:29 AM