Unable to connect oracle Database 11g in visual Studio 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Every one,

This is my first post for Visual studio

I am trying to connect oracle db 11g in visual studio 2010 for this i did some R&D and installed one of the driver "ODAC112030_x64" but i am failing and getting errors as'ORA-12154' TNS could not resolved the connect identifier specified..for this i have checked in my installation directory 'C:\app\vedic\product\11.2.0\client_3\Network\Admin' the tnsnames.ora files exists but i am missing somewhere please guide me throughout the steps involved in configuring oracle db in visual studio..

Thanks & Regards

Thirupathireddy

Friday, July 1, 2016 4:11 PM

Answers

• >>>i am missing somewhere please guide me throughout the steps involved in configuring oracle db in visual studio..

According to your description, you could refer to this article about Connecting to Oracle from Visual Studio

Otherwise this is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO), so I suggest that you could post your question on Oracle forum to seek help.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Monday, July 4, 2016 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Every one,

This is my first post for Visual studio

I am trying to connect oracle db 11g in visual studio 2010 for this i did some R&D and installed one of the driver "ODAC112030_x64" but i am failing and getting errors as'ORA-12154' TNS could not resolved the connect identifier specified..for this i have checked in my installation directory 'C:\app\vedic\product\11.2.0\client_3\Network\Admin' the tnsnames.ora files exists but i am missing somewhere please guide me throughout the steps involved in configuring oracle db in visual studio..

Thanks & Regards

Thirupathireddy

This  question does not appear to have anything to do with Visual Studio Tools for Office, the subject of this forum. I'm not sure why you posted here.

Why not post in the Oraclen Community Support forum?

Friday, July 1, 2016 6:06 PM
  • >>>i am missing somewhere please guide me throughout the steps involved in configuring oracle db in visual studio..

According to your description, you could refer to this article about Connecting to Oracle from Visual Studio

Otherwise this is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO), so I suggest that you could post your question on Oracle forum to seek help.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Monday, July 4, 2016 5:58 AM