Favorites Contract and Charm

General discussion

• I would like to see a Favorites Contract and Charm.

It would help bring back the functionality of the classic start menu by making App Favorites bring up a list of Apps that looks like the App Search screen.

I think that Favorites are also global enough in nature to elevate it to a Contract.

At the very least, if there is not a Favorites Contract then I'd like to see an App Favorites list at the beginning of the App Search screen that doesn't get filtered by the search criteria.

• Edited by CraigLaurin Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:19 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 12:18 PM

All replies

• How is that different from pinning your favourite apps to the start page? Just clean the stuff you want off and keep the rest or add more and then just hit Windows key?
    Robert MacLean - www.sadev.co.za
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 1:17 PM
  • It's mainly a large desktop monitor thing.

Somehow, I don't like tiles as much in this format. Love them in all their glory on a tablet, but not so much on a pc.

On my pc I only have 4 tiles that show good notification data. They act more like mini windows than shortcuts.

I prefer an application list over tiles for my launch shortcuts on the big screen. The app list on the search screen is perfect, but i prefer to not have to type up to 3 letters to find my app. Basically, the location of app shortcuts on the search screen move around too much.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 1:59 PM
  • +1 to this idea
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:46 PM