Indexing Service - Remote Catalog Access RRS feed

• Question

• User-1334489718 posted
    Hi- I'm trying to build an asp.net web app that utilizes the MS Indexing Service. So far, so good, everything works as long as my Catalog is on the same machine as my web application. I'm using OLEDB to connect, like this: "Provider=MSIDXS.1;Integrated Security .="";Data Source=MyCatalog" Here is the problem, my catalog needs to reside on another machine, separate from my web server. Hence, I need my connection string to access a remote data source...something like: Provider=MSIDXS.1;Integrated Security .="";Data Source=\\AnotherServer\MyCatalog" I've tried various means and can't get anything to work. I'm starting to think it's not supported, which would seem odd. I can't believe this isn't a common issue. Any insight, help, or workaround would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Friday, March 19, 2004 3:15 PM

All replies

• User-1960033778 posted
    Hi, i have the same problem. Did you already got a solution? Greetz, CyberSAP
    Wednesday, June 23, 2004 6:30 PM
  • User-16010594 posted

Hello guys,

I have same problem and also got one solution that write select query as shown below:

"Select DocTitle,Filename,Size,PATH,URL FROM REMOTESERVERNAME.YOURCATALOGNAME..SCOPE()"

as per the this,all the documents in 'YOURCATALOGNAME' catalog residing on 'REMOTESERVERNAME' will be searched.

But it is not working on my website.

plz guide me more on this.

Hope u guys must have got the answer by the time.

Monday, October 7, 2013 3:24 AM