Color Space Converter RGB24 output RRS feed

• Question

• is it possible to specify the desired format coming out of the color space converter? It is giving me 32bit rgb and I need it to output 24bit rgb

thanks in advance
    cje
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:42 PM

Answers

•  

The mux will reject types if they are not videoinfo; if the subtype is not the same as the fourcc; if there is an extended stride or wrong orientation etc. No reason that I see for rejecting the RGB24. In any case, as you say, the ConnectDirect appears to succeed, so the RGB32 is most likely to be the result of a dynamic format change.

Now at a quick glance I can't see any format change originating from the mux, so I assume that the format change is started by someone upstream. The colour converter will not prevent a change to another formatter (it is intended as an enabler, not a limiter).  If you want to prevent this, you need to create a small in-place transform that does nothing except reject all formats except RGB32.

G

Friday, October 26, 2007 9:15 AM

All replies

• You can specify a media type in IFilterGraph::ConnectDirect(), or if you're connecting to your own filter you can reject the 32-bit types.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:01 PM
  • I have tried the ConnectDirect and am still getting the connection between the color space converter and the avi mux at 32bit. Do you know if ConnectDirect will fail if it can't connect using the specified format or if it will use an alternate format if there is a problem with the requested format? The Avi Mux shouldn't be rejecting RGB24 should it?
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:59 PM
  •  

The mux will reject types if they are not videoinfo; if the subtype is not the same as the fourcc; if there is an extended stride or wrong orientation etc. No reason that I see for rejecting the RGB24. In any case, as you say, the ConnectDirect appears to succeed, so the RGB32 is most likely to be the result of a dynamic format change.

Now at a quick glance I can't see any format change originating from the mux, so I assume that the format change is started by someone upstream. The colour converter will not prevent a change to another formatter (it is intended as an enabler, not a limiter).  If you want to prevent this, you need to create a small in-place transform that does nothing except reject all formats except RGB32.

G

Friday, October 26, 2007 9:15 AM