none
Can I edit the length of .xef or .xrf file with Kinect Studio ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm using Kinect Studio v2 to record Kinect stream for testing.

I want to divide one long .xef file to some short .xef files. Can Kinect Studio divide .xef files ?

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:50 AM

Answers

• Once the clip is made, the tools/api's don't support modifying the output. During playback you can select ranges in the clip. Considering the size of the clips, the recommendation, is only record what you need and be as efficient as possible.

When recording body tracking data, always be sure to cover the sensor before starting the record to prevent state issues.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:19 PM

All replies

• Once the clip is made, the tools/api's don't support modifying the output. During playback you can select ranges in the clip. Considering the size of the clips, the recommendation, is only record what you need and be as efficient as possible.

When recording body tracking data, always be sure to cover the sensor before starting the record to prevent state issues.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, October 30, 2014 5:19 PM
  • Thank you so much for the answer !
    Friday, October 31, 2014 3:59 AM
  • Hi, what does it mean to cover the sensor before staring the record? I don't quite understand. 

Thank you.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Put your hand in front of the depth/ir camera to the right of the color camera before you start recording.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:29 PM