none
New Leaders Board for Small Basic

General discussion

• Hi all

I've just finished my LeadersBoard for Small Basic.

You can download it and read more about it @ TechNet or at getJibba.com/extensions.

It's one large SQLite database that we can all share. Can't wait to see how it goes under the rigors of the SB community.

Let me know what think or any questions.

Thanks.

btw I'm trialing it with Step Up. I plan on developing this game further for hand held device possibly using gyro to replace arrow keys.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:27 PM

All replies

• Thank you for your information.  I added your extension to following TechNet Wiki article.

Small Basic: List of Extensions

By the way, Step-Up is little difficult for me...  I could get only level 3.

Screen shot of a program Step-Up

Nonki Takahashi

Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:54 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback Nonki.

I'm kind of glad you only got to level 3.:) I wanted the game to have some of that annoying difficulty that flappy bird had. I've completed level 10 a few times.

Some of the configurations are very difficult though and force surrender.

At present one needs to restart the game to get a different config. I might put in a restart button. Maybe.

Thanks for the wiki addition.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:29 AM
  •  I would complain that it requires a plugin, but I know that SB has no way to send a network request of any kind.

With that little rant out of my system I have to say this is a brilliant idea that you did a brilliant job implementing.

Well done.  :-)

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:41 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks CC

I've released it in beta mode atm which means I'll see if anyone's got any issues using it and then I'll give it an instructional web page based on feedback.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 10:47 PM
  • UPDATE:

I added this to the Extensions Gallery on the blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smallbasic/archive/2012/10/12/small-basic-extensions-gallery.aspx

And I'm stickying this post for a few weeks. Thanks, Jibba Jabba!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, February 29, 2016 12:32 AM
    Owner