Azure Preview VM Crashed RRS feed

• Question

• Azure Preview VM crashed and I am unable to bring it up. I tried to insert the screenshot with error message. However, it's rejected saying: "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account". Please let me know how I can show the error message.

Monday, October 29, 2012 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hi James,

Currently Windows Azure Virtual Machines is supported via forums only and you've reached the correct forum. can you describe the issue here? What actions you are trying to perform? By "VM crashed", did you meant to say you were unable to create a VM? you can copy the error text and provide it here(Please remove any subscription, deployment specific information from the error text, if any).

Thanks,

Hari

Monday, October 29, 2012 10:18 PM

All replies

• By the way, I submitted a SR with number: 112102564383305. It contains an attachment with screenshots.
    Monday, October 29, 2012 9:50 PM
  • Hi James,

Currently Windows Azure Virtual Machines is supported via forums only and you've reached the correct forum. can you describe the issue here? What actions you are trying to perform? By "VM crashed", did you meant to say you were unable to create a VM? you can copy the error text and provide it here(Please remove any subscription, deployment specific information from the error text, if any).

Thanks,

Hari

Monday, October 29, 2012 10:18 PM
  • If you cannot restart the VM, try to resize it or recreate it.

Resize or recreating will move the VM to a different host.

Host or storage issue may cause this, dont find other way to fix it.

BTW you still need to pay for the fault server

• Proposed as answer by sosyuki Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:07 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:07 AM
  • If you cannot restart the VM, try to resize it or recreate it.

Resize or recreating will move the VM to a different host.

Host or storage issue may cause this, dont find other way to fix it.

BTW you still need to pay for the fault server

Paying for the faulty servers are not logical. Microsoft OBVIOUSLY have some serious bugs in the Virtual VM program, so it should be free until it's usuable.

Ryan Norris

• Proposed as answer by thenameisnigel Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:26 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:26 AM
  • May be send a notification, will make us feel better, at least we can fix it in time.

But all we got, is a faulty server, and we need to fix this issue all by ourselves. 

• Proposed as answer by sosyuki Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:36 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:36 AM