website administration tool:security RRS feed

• General discussion

• hello!

i'm creating a website based on acces database. i want to implement the login mechanism on ASP.NET 4.0.

i downloaded the asp.net. providers. but when i try to administrate the security panel, i got this error: (sorry i'm using a french version of VS2012, but i'll try to translate the message):"A null was returned after calling the 'get_ProviderFactory' method on a store provider instance of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection. "The store provider might not run correctly."

hereis my webconfig, may be something is wrong there:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!--
      Pour plus d'informations sur la configuration de votre application ASP.NET, consultez
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169433
      -->
    <configuration>
      <system.web>
        <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0" />
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="Erreur.aspx" />
        <!--afficher la monaie correspondant la config de notre serveur-->
        <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="en-US" />
        <profile defaultProvider="DefaultProfileProvider">
          <providers>
            <add name="DefaultProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultProfileProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="LUP" applicationName="/" />
          </providers>
        </profile>
        <membership defaultProvider="DefaultMembershipProvider">
          <providers>
            <add name="DefaultMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultMembershipProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="LUP" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="/" />
          </providers>
        </membership>
        <roleManager defaultProvider="DefaultRoleProvider">
          <providers>
            <add name="DefaultRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultRoleProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="LUP" applicationName="/" />
          </providers>
        </roleManager>
        <sessionState mode="InProc" customProvider="DefaultSessionProvider">
          <providers>
            <add name="DefaultSessionProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultSessionStateProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="LUP" />
          </providers>
        </sessionState>
      </system.web>
      <appSettings>
        <add key="ValidationSettings:UnobtrusiveValidationMode" value="none" />
        <add key="MailServer" value="mail server address" />
      </appSettings>
      <connectionStrings>
        <add name="LUP" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Users\Arthson mukeya\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\WebSites\librairieunpeuplus\App_Data\librairie2.mdb " providerName="System.Data.OleDb" />
      </connectionStrings>
    </configuration>

any help, please!!!

• Edited by djasy3 Monday, November 4, 2013 11:34 PM
    • Changed type djasy3 Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:12 AM
    Monday, November 4, 2013 11:23 PM

All replies

• ASP.NET does not have a provider. It is a framework for web developing. Do you mean ADO.NET?

It is appreciate that if you can share your program codes or you can upload it to the skydrive.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Is the app pool your web app is running under enabled for 32-bit? The Jet OLEDB Provider (which is limited to 32-bit) will not run from a 64-bit process.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Since we do not know how the codes will run, it is hardly for us to find out the soultion.

So it is appreciated that if you share some codes to us so that we could help you better.

And for the error message "A null was returned after calling the 'get_ProviderFactory' method on a store provider instance of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection. "The store provider might not run correctly", as far as I know, when we use the wrong database provider it will throws the error.

So what database have you used?

Or

Does the database need the UserID and Password parameters?

If it is, please add the two parameter like below:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\mydatabase.mdb;
    Jet OLEDB:System Database=system.mdw;User ID=myUsername;Password=myPassword;
    Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:56 AM More siutable
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:46 AM
  • Hello everyone! thanks for your replies, the problem was, i was using an access database, and i wanted to use the same mechanismm that uses sqlprovider, so i found out that microsoft developped one with access provider but they stopped since the framework 2.0. fortunately the release the code source and it is to one another to compile oneself to get custom provider. And it worked, i found it at this place:

thanks

Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:10 AM